NYX Blush Review

Friday, January 29, 2010 0 comments

Cinnamon, Pinky, Red
Cinnamon, Pinky, Red (left to right)



I am obsessed with NYX and Jordana blushes. They are inexpensive, found at most drugstores, they are super blendable, and very pigmented. 

Right now I have 6 NYX blushes (only 5 are in the photo because one is missing...I blame my toddler, lol) but I've been trying to find colors that I don't already have so I can add to my collection. 

I just can't see myself spending $15 or more on blush. But I will admit I love NARS blushes (I have only 2), but truthfully I'd rather splurge it on a pretty lipstick or that limited edition eyeshadow from MAC. 

NYX offers around 25 different shades with matte, satin, and shimmer finishes so there is a good selection for every skin tone and skin type. Below are my descriptions for the shades that I currently own.

 
Dusty Rose, Angel

Dusty Rose (top), Angel (bottom)
Angel - blue based pale pink with hint of shimmer. Can be used as a highlight for top of cheek bones on fair to medium skin tones.

Dusty Rose - natural deep pink, best on medium skin tones.

Cinnamon - peachy orange, best on fair skin tones. I thought this shade was very similar to the MAC Highland Honey from the Tartan Tale collection. It looks loud in the packaging, but applies really beautifully. Just be sure to apply with a light hand first, then build to your desired look.

Pinky - a rosy pink blush with a hint of shimmer. This reminds me of MAC Dollymix blush. Lovely on medium to darker skin tones. It would look beautiful on fair skin tones, too - just apply a very minimal amount to avoid the "Ms. Piggy look" because its very pigmented.

Red - matte, vivid rose red. This shade is very vivid, pigmented, and looks like MAC Frankly Scarlet. It would also look great on all skin tones, but would look amazing on darker skin tones. Just be sure to also use sparingly if you have fair skin.

Which is your favorite shade?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

©Copyright 2011 Beauty Reviewlutions | TNB